4/20/2009

here again

Monday just comes uninvited. Here I am at work again. Enduring another 4hrs++ before trudging back to me hole. heh.

anyways, the Warp Translation has completed it's cycle. Friday's pipe as mentioned in the previous post, was kinda so-so. Saturday's hazy journey was slightly better; probably I'm just being biased due to the high amount of X-chromosomes surrounding me & Tony. Ricky couldnt make it due to some other commitment. Tried a new joint, Nasrin Restaurant. They serve kick-ass fries laced with paprika(or chilli powder?). The fish & chips are top notch too. The sheesha was ok, better than Friday's. Me & Tony just drifted in and out to the backdrop of Anathema's melancholic tunes. Almost reached the apex that is "Stim Bongok".

Sunday, was ok too. Met up with Daddy who is currently on reservist himself. Chilled at my port of call, Bugis Junction's Starbucks. Talked a great deal on how to get him some sweet lovin'... subsequently, Bob joined us for dinner. I even managed to purchase a comic, PROOF which is published by Image Comics. The premise is quite intriguing. Will describe it in more detail if my Spirit permits.

Anyways, I leave you now with an excerpt from Anathema's A Temporary Peace. Quite the masters of hopelessness and despair. Take it away Danny Cavanagh...

Beyond this beautiful horizon
lies a dream for you and i
this tranquil scene is still unbroken
by the rumours in the sky
but there's a storm closing in
voices crying on the wind
the serenade is growing colder
breaks my soul that tries to sing
and there's so many many thoughts
when I try to go to sleep
but with you I start to feel
a sort of temporary peace
there's a drift in and out...

No comments: